You know The Bluebird has tons of Missouri foods. So trust us when we say something is deliciously unique.
Marina’s Cranberry Chutney ($6.99) is on our minds this week. With Thanksgiving coming up we all know it’s a busy time of year. And this jar of goodness is just the item you need to compliment your menu.
So what exactly is a chutney? A cross between relish and jam, a chutney is a mixture of fruit, vinegar, sugar and spices. Marina’s Cranberry Chutney is brought to us by the folks at Circle B Ranch in Seymour, Missouri. They use whole cranberries and oranges along with a special blend of organic spices to make this 100% natural and gluten free gourmet treat.
So now you know what a chutney is made of, now what?
- Mix the chutney, to your taste, with beef or pork when making meatballs. Or lightly glaze the top of a meatloaf.
- Pour over a block of cream cheese. Add crackers.
- Spread a layer on your left over turkey or chicken sandwich or mix with mayo for a sweet kick.
- Making a pork roast or chops? Spoon over the top for an extra layer of flavor.
- Add to your standard BBQ sauce for a quick trip to flavor town (like Guy Fieri says!). Or use it to tone down a hot sauce.
Honestly the possibilities are endless And so easy. All you have to do is open the jar. And let the taste bud tingling begin!
COMING UP: Check out our blog next week for an easy-peasy Thanksgiving treat.